Monday, March 12, 2007

Kyalami Soon...

Oohhhh yes.

Kyalami. Home of South African racing. The history behind it....and MAN what a track....looks hella fast. Race is in 2 weeks....and I'm feeling generally uneasy hehehe...I know where the corners go, played it in a computer game, but I know that means nothing. Plus the race meeting has minimal practise sessions, just 'coz Kyalami is so damn expensive to rent.....so I won't have much practise, I'll really have to figure this one out FAST. But what's good is that I know what the car should feel like.

Sorta.

I managed to get new tyres. So that will change the handling won't it :D Begged, borrowed and stole money (I really need sponsors lol), I have a set of new boots on my car!!!! As well as new brake pads (yay) and some other major maintenance on the car that should make handling better. So it will be a different car, but surely it'll be faster...

Anyway I need all I can get for this race. Not much practise, so car has to be prim and proper. The difficulty level of this compared to Wesbank is probably double, as well as being almost double the length. So if i can be around the same place in the pack as i was at Wesbank, I definitely think i would have improved a lot. If that makes any sense :/

We'll see what happens. I'm counting the days.....and don't want to expect too much otherwise I'd end up disappointed. but I'll be racing on the Kyalami. How could I get disappointed?



Running Kyalami with a similar mod to FVee in the game rFactor...