Monday, March 19, 2007

But...Why?


Sooooooo many times now I've been asked the question....why? Plain and simple....no other other words to the sentence....just...."Why?"

In discussions with people, they think it's cool I've started racing, blah blah blah. But when they find out I spend so much money on it, and dont get paid if I win a race, or any return at all for that matter.....then there's a 10 second pause, with the most priceless look on their faces.....and then comes the question.

Well, what the hell? Do you people out there not have dreams? Wild wacky dreams, things you'd love to just fulfill. Do these things remain dreams your whole life? "Man I'd love to go to the north pole to check if Santa's there......or walk the entire Great Wall of China".....well go and do it then. Not the greatest of examples, those are more of a once-off type thing. Track racing is my passion, and I want it to be involved in my daily life as much as possible :P I am LIVING THE DREAM. Just 3 words is all that you need to know. Whatever you've been wanting to do all your life, and when you finally get down to doing it.....it's called.....LIVING THE DREAM. So, that's why. If you don't have a dream then you will just not understand and I'm sorry :P

(If u want to go to the moon, well then, I don't have a suggestion for that as yet)

Kyalami Update:
I'm leaving this week to go to the track. Driving up to Jo'burg on Thursday 'coz I can't afford flights and renting a car....looked at the schedule for Kyalami, and I am pretty screwed. I have got a total of 3 separate practise sessions (15min each) to get to know the track on the limit before the races. Let's leave one session out for just warming up the car, getting tyres bedded in, etc.....so I have a grand total of two sessions to get my groove on. Errrrr.....this is Kyalami, not some mickey mouse crap. To get on the limit without crashing will take me more than 2 sessions.....I'm definitely not that good enough :P So, I'll just have to see what happens I guess, but most probably my performance will be a lot worse than what I had at Wesbank :( What a terrible realisation.....but the weekend isn't here yet, so take what comes.....

CMON ZAAHIR...

2 comments:

noidea said...

Now Zaahir, no need to take the pessimistic view of learning the track. I'm pessimist enough in this world for more than two of us :P

Talk to people who have driven it. Find out what is what, where corners are off camber, where there are bumps to be wary of...

Why... why... why... you're right, living the dream. More power to you for being able to! I'm still just dreaming myself.

Zaahir Essa said...

hehehe rhp....im just being realistic. if i imagine where i was after 2 or 3 sessions at wesbank....then i'd be pretty much nowhere. i dont mind that (gulp) as long as i still have the car in one piece....must be patient abt being competitive...

been speaking to drivers already. but getting on track and doing it yeself is quite something else....even they say took them years to perfect :P im sure they exaggerating (errr i hope so) but u get what they mean